Strategic Plan for Content Marketing
Before creating any designs or web content, it is extremely valuable to develop a customize strategic plan to use as a blue print. Then a well-formulated plan can incorporate your specific business goals. A strategic plan for your inbound marketing campaign can set crucial benchmarks to target and define a blue print inbound marketing 12-months of activities to execute to achieve your goals in marketing.
Strategic Plan Components
Some elements of your strategic plan for inbound marketing include:
- Discovery – Review of your current marketing & brand – this needs to be a detailed and honest assessment and include the opportunities and challenges your business faces.
- Defining your business goals
- Competitive analysis
- Creating your value proposition – including your unique selling proposition, and key messaging for your target audience groups
- Determination of buyer personas – doing a thorough analysis of the types of customers you have attracted in the past such as what characteristics do they share and how you can use those common traits to identify potential new customers
- Craft campaign development strategies
- Blogging, social media & SEO strategies – to drive traffic
- Call to action strategies – this could include making a purchase or subscribing to an email list on your website or even sharing your inbound marketing content on Facebook, Twitter, Google+
- Lead nurturing and email marketing – sales growth strategies
- Performance & strategy reviews of measurable goals